I’ve been a little preoccupied this week and haven’t had a lot of time for picture taking so I took a quick peek through the pictures that I already have on my computer. I knew I would come up with something!
Pull out your poodle skirts!
Dick Clark is in the house!
Isn’t it cool!
A pink Cadillac radio / cassette player! In mint condition! And it works!
I bought this several years ago and had it for a while. When I started simplifying and downsizing my life about two years ago, this was one of the things to go. I figured someone else would love it and use it so I sold it on ebay . I have no regrets. It’s much easier to store a photo than it was to store this beauty.
So that is my contribution for this week. Now do yourself a favour and pop on over to see more blasts from the past @ Retro Tuesday and Vintage Thingies Thursday.
And just in case I don’t make it here next week…


That is the coolest radio I have ever seen! Love it!
ReplyDeleteOh Maureen, I can't believe you don't miss it! It's really very cool, but I applaud your simplifying efforts. I have recently started feeling very overwhelmed by our attic, garage and shed, that my plan is to start filling a banana box every week and de-junking our lives! Every little bit that I do will make me feel so much better!
ReplyDeleteSometimes clutter just has to go! I do love the pink caddy and it makes me think of the one Elvis gave to his Mama (and I saw it when I went to Graceland...)
ReplyDeleteYes, it's cool! But good for you on downsizing!
ReplyDeleteLiving it up at Lakewood,
Cindy
Lidian - It really was cool. The lights would flash to the music! It was big though. About 2+ feet wide. I am sure someone is putting it to good use and I had my time.
ReplyDeleteCarol - for me, symplifying is the most freeing experience ever. It makes more room for good things and not necessarily of the material kind.
Vonlipi - You went to Graceland? My mother was absolutely smitten with Elvis. As a matter of fact I just found a picture of her as a teenager with a picture of Elvis on the wall behind her. I must do a post and show it.
I sold some things this week too. Sometimes you do have to part with things and this week was my breaking point for a few things... and I think tomorrow I'll be letting a few things more go. So I'm with you on this.
ReplyDeleteBravo to you!
I would have wanted to keep that...but how great you had a picture to remember how fabulous this is!! Happy VTT!
ReplyDeleteThat is so great!
ReplyDeleteI am proud of you for simplifying. It really is freeing...a picture takes up much less room ;)
Thank you for visiting my blog! Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Kristine
Hi Maureen,
ReplyDeleteThat has to be the coolest radio I've ever seen..Have never seen another like it. I do so admire those that can go though,and actually discard what they really don't need anymore..however,I am the woman that thinks ummm,maybe I might need that one day..and so I keep it all. *deep sighs. Time for me to re-think,cept when it comes to my fabric. I just couldn't give that up..
Happy VTT..have a wonderful weekend.
That's a cool radio. It's the kind of thing I like to look at, but wouldn't want to own.
ReplyDeleteI have never seen one of those! That sure was a neat radio! Glad you don't miss it and have the pictures of it to remind you of how special it once was.
ReplyDeleteVintage Thingie Thursday!
Angela
Very cool radio but I know what you mean about downsizing...I've got some time off over the holiday and I plan on sorting through my "stuff" and putting some of it on ebay.
ReplyDeleteHappy Holidays.
Jane
oh how ab FAB lol!!!
ReplyDeleteVery cool radio, too bad we can't hold on to everything. Happy Holidays
ReplyDeleteSO cool! My oldest daughter would LOVE this! :-)
ReplyDeleteThat is so pretty I would have a very hard time parting with it..........
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun radio. You were smart to keep a photo so you can still enjoy looking at it.
ReplyDeleteI've never seen ANYTHING like that! Yes, it is cool, fun, funny, groovy, Far Out, Man! - - - ALL kinds of adjectives!
ReplyDeleteCool! I love that this is a vintage repro cause we all know there weren't cassettes when that pink Cadillac was cruising the streets!
ReplyDeleteI have never seen a radio like that - and PINK to boot! It is very cool.
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Jo
Smart girl- I wish I could learn to downsize when I need to! Especially in the purse category. It was a cutie. Happy VTT!
ReplyDeleteI love the radio! Reminds me of the pink caddy my aunt and uncle used to have back in the '50s. What a shame you no longer have it, but I can certainly sympathize with the desire to simplify!
ReplyDeleteGreat find for a 50's colector. Reminds me of the song "pink caddilac".
ReplyDelete