When I think back to the times that I acquired some of my stash, I recall the absolute rush I would get after winning a jewelry lot at auction. I would put the case in my back seat (no peeking!) and race home anticipating the treasures I would find when I got home. Oh the thrill of the hunt!
Living as green as I can.... Putting One Foot in Front of the Other
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Old Jewelry - Vintage Thingies Thursday
I'm pretty sure most would agree that we all have our quirks. I certainly have mine. I love vintage jewelry. Normal enough. Thing is, I don't wear jewelry - at all! Not a single bauble on me. Strange but True. I used to. Kind of like taking the good china out for special occasions. Kind of silly. I guess it comes down to lifestyle. Gardening and painting and other messy pursuits are not good ways to treat these worthy pieces. I have begun reuniting these pieces with people who will treat them as they deserve.
When I think back to the times that I acquired some of my stash, I recall the absolute rush I would get after winning a jewelry lot at auction. I would put the case in my back seat (no peeking!) and race home anticipating the treasures I would find when I got home. Oh the thrill of the hunt!

When I think back to the times that I acquired some of my stash, I recall the absolute rush I would get after winning a jewelry lot at auction. I would put the case in my back seat (no peeking!) and race home anticipating the treasures I would find when I got home. Oh the thrill of the hunt!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


i love it!!..and i know the thrill you're talking about!!..i recenlty purchased a bakelite bangle on etsy which i love it & i do wear it!
ReplyDeleteI love cameos, that was my very first piece of jewlery infact. Nothing says feminine quite like they do.
ReplyDeleteI don't wear jewelry either, but I love the few old pieces I have.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful cameo. I don't wear jewelry either, but I do love it!! Have a great VTT and a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteThat is one of the prettiest cameos I've ever seen. Love it.
ReplyDeleteLovely cameo! Lucky recepient!
ReplyDeleteThe thrill of the hunt is almost the best part! Lovely!
ReplyDeleteI wear my wedding ring always. The fun stuff when I leave the house.
ReplyDeleteYour cameo is gorgeous! Lucky recipient indeed.
Happy VTT and Have a great weekend!
Welcome to VTT and Blog Land! The cameo is very beautiful! And I love the table thingy that you got curbside - no suggestions, but I'm sure you'll have fun doing something with it!
ReplyDeleteLove your blog! This is an awesome piece!
ReplyDeleteLovely piece. Definitely going to come back and look around. I have a lot more jewelry than I will ever wear too so I got you.
ReplyDelete