So on Thursday, after a successful day of thrifting (at last!), I unwrapped my treasures to take pictures for Etsy. With assistance of course.
Vintage Salt & Pepper Shakers. I like to take pictures of shiny things in the bay window for natural light.
Someone else likes the bay window too! The snooziest cat in the world, Cally.
I put these up on Etsy last night. I hesitated to include the pics with Cally for fear of sending a buyer running but in the end I decided to use them. And it worked out well! Sold & paid for! Just as well ‘cuz she was seriously eyeballing these new toys.
And while Cally was busy with the shakers…….
Never a dull moment!
The cats are too cute. I was trying to take some pictures today too (because we finally had sunshine and some good lighting) and my dog kept wanting to get in the pictures. A couple of good snacks kept her away long enough to get the job done :-)
ReplyDeleteHope you're enjoying your weekend.
Jane
Well...aren't you on a roll with your shop!!! Fantabulous!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the info you emailed...I'll try to email you again and hope it goes through.
Cindy at Lakewood
I always enjoy shopping on Ebay and Etsy when the seller shows a little personality! You probably owe Cally the money, because she "sold" them!
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday!
Carol
Don't you love a free day to thrift shop??? Love your salt and pepper shakers! Your kitties are so CUTE!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your email...I'm blogging every now and then...trying not to let it consume my time and take time away from God and my family.
ReplyDeleteYou're doing so good and congrats on the sale!! I love pics of the cats! Have you shown them before???? I don't remember and oh! Got a question for you... I got these two little knives that I think are nickle silver, really pretty but really tarnished... And good ideas about polishing?
ReplyDeleteTracy
Jane Our 4 legged friends certainly make life more interesting!
ReplyDeleteCindy I think that collectibles that are priced low sell. I wasn't sure if you got my email, glad that you did.
Carol You're right! I might just owe Cally!
Lisa It's especially fun when it's unplanned! I had forgotten this place existed and when I was driving by a light bulb went off. lol
Tracy When you find the right stuff at the right price you can price it low and it just sells itself. I posted about Smudgie when I was taking my Christmas tree down. He was all wrapped up in the garland....oh and Cally was under the tree. So, yes. I'm not familiar with nickle silver. I did a Silver Sunday post about cleaning with water, washing soda and tin foil. I would think it would work. Let me go look for the link.
Tracy
ReplyDeleteI was wrong. It was a Junkin Monday post. Here you go.
http://thegreensuitcase.blogspot.com/2009/11/my-new-obsession-junkin-monday-10.html
Thanks maureen!
ReplyDelete