Sunday, January 3, 2010

Uh-Oh – I Almost Missed It! Silver Sunday #1

silversunday2 LOGO
While I was off in, oh I don’t know, lala land or something, I almost missed the first Silver Sunday!  Thanks to the astute Polly at The French Cupboard, I am able to participate.  She was kind enough to mention it on my blog and saved the day.  Thank you Polly!

So I just have a little something that I picked up over the holidays to show you this week.    This darling little sterling spoon pin. 

The bowl of the spoon has what looks like a raised Aladdin’s lamp with a feather beneath it.  It measures about 2 3/4”.Sterling Spoon Pin 1

The back is marked “Fine Arts – Sterling” on the bowl portion and “Southern Colonial” on the back of the handle.
Sterling Spoon Pin 
Naturally, as soon as I got home, I performed a Google operation.  We all know how frustrating that can be but this was not one of those times.  No digging this time.  I learned that this was made in 1945.  It certainly helps when you have the name and pattern right there on the piece!

These are a couple of things that I had in my itsy bitsy space at the shop.

These candle holders were so plain that I glued some bling on to spice them up a bit.
Bling candles

A mix of vintage and newer ornaments in a silver plate bowl.  In the shop one day, gone the next.  Sometimes the simplest things…..  You just never know.
Ornament bowl

So this is my little contribution to Silver Sunday.  Thank you to Beth @ The Gypsy Fish for hosting Silver Sunday.  Pop on over to see more luscious silver.


13 comments:

  1. Wow I would hardly call this a little contribution....your stash is fab and abundant!!!! Love it!
    See you next week...thanks for joining the party!
    {{gyspy hugs}}
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you did with the candleholders. Very classy indeed. I always love glass ornaments and silver mixed with anything just makes the whole image exquisite! Glad you posted for SS.

    Linda
    Robin's Egg Blues

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice silver goodies! That tiny spoon is adorable. Thank you for visiting my blog! I have about 10 or 11 inches of snow at my house, but I think the worst is over. All the best to you for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maureen!
    I love the ice cream scoop! So fun to find unusual pieces like that.

    Re: The 7 tined fork-I only have one of these unusual pieces..it is made by Tiffany & Co, Holly pattern #1895. It's just lovely..my son who has better eyes than me was the one who gladly reported..hey Mom it's from Tiffany's! We think it is just some kind of appetizer fork..but don't know much else...we googled it and found the pattern but really don't know for sure what is is supposed to be used for. Thanks for your visit. Miss Bloomers/Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow! And I've not heard of silver sunday but I'm going to go look now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That spoon is very interesting, thanks for sharing. I love how you bling'd the candle holders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some fun silver pieces. That spoon pin is so unique. A great find.
    Have a great week.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the wonderful spoon... TFS... and thanks for the kind words when you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful silver pieces! The ornaments look beautiful in the bowl!
    xo...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. The spoon pin is gorgeous! I've never seen anything like that!

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very pretty! Thanks for sharing ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails