Wow time flies! It seems like yesterday that it was VTT but it was really last year. Enough silliness. Did you see the sweet new logo for VTT? It looks like Suzanne @ Colorado Lady has been very, very busy. A new year with a whole new blog design, a new logo, among other things. Hurray Suzanne! Nice job!
This week I have some kiddy fun! Remember this? A 1960’s Twister game. Look at the graphics! What a bunch of clowns! So fun and sooooooo 60’s!
I call it a “kiddy” game because I am no longer limber enough to play!
This next one was good for hours and hours of entertainment. A Super Spirograph!
Not only could you create fun twirly designs and feel like an “artiste” but….there were colored ink pens - four colors! That was a big thing back then. Or maybe that was just a little dork like me. Dunno. I know I was thrilled.
That’s that for that! Time to head over to Colorado Lady’s for more vintage fun.
Ohhh I remember those cool spirographs! Those are soooo fun! What a mess I made! Happy VTT!
ReplyDeleteI remember hearing about those toys, but I never had them or played with them.
ReplyDeleteI know all about those toys as well as many others. These were back during younger days. You brought back some good memories.
ReplyDeleteOh my, I had both of those! Twister, what fun and that spirograph. remember those little pins and the cork bord would get holes in it. simple fun. Thanks for the memories.
ReplyDeletefyi on my blog when you left your comment, it says the greensuitcase@blogspot.com instead of green suitcase.blogspot.com. I had trouble getting to you until I realized where the error in the address was. just wanted to let you know incase others can't find you. they would miss out on your great posts. Have a great day.
I loved your post for today..I well remember those toys. Twister was such fun, or we thought so..Happy VTT..have a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteOh wow I remember both of those too! Wheww, where did the time go?? Happy VTT!
ReplyDeleteJocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com
I remember those games, seems like a loooong time ago!
ReplyDeleteoh what fun to go down memory lane with twister & spirograph..they both look as good as new!
ReplyDeleteOH! I loved spirographs... I never seemed have enough paper for them, ever. I could just do them forever. I loved how they turned out. So precise yet pretty. sigh. memories!
ReplyDeleteI do have a spingraph myself, perhaps I shall pick it out of the drawer someday and see if it is as fun now as it was then.
ReplyDeleteHow I loved the spirograph! I would spend hours twirling those pens! Since i'm an only child we didn't have board games so I would play Twister at friend's houses.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing!
I remember these! And what about "Operation" and "Mousetrap?"
ReplyDeleteWhat I would give for a vintage spirograph set! That is amazing! So cool!
ReplyDeleteI loooved playing Twister! And I was sad that I never got a Spirograph, but I did have a friend who had one, and I loved using hers! Great title for this post. Although I was sure you were going to show us a picture of you with a hula hoop!
ReplyDeleteHappy VTT!
Carol
Ah, what memories that Spyrograph Game conjurs! As a child I spent hours happily making colorful circles on paper. It was truly a simpler time!
ReplyDeleteKelly
Second Hand Chicks
Those games brought back some great memories. I'm with you...if I played Twister now I would end up not walking for a week!
ReplyDeleteJane
I never had either one of these, but so remember the spirograph, someone I knew had it, and I wanted it....probably had too many small parts with younger siblings in the house...or just mean ole' parents! HaHa. These really bring back memories! Happy VTT!
ReplyDeleteBelieve it or not, but I don't remember playing twister. :) But I sure do remember loving drawing with the spirograph-you really have a super set! I like the spirograph so much I got one for my kids-and they liked it too! Thanks for the memories!
ReplyDeleteHi Maureen -
ReplyDeleteOh what fun memories this post brings back :) I LOVED Super Spirograph! I would make cards for my mom using my "artistic" talent. LOL. Thanks so much for stopping by and helping me with my hutch decor. I appreciate your suggestions. I'm going to try redecorating it again this weekend using everyone's suggestions :)
Toni
I had the spirograph!!!! I loved that darned thing!!!
ReplyDeleteMaureen...I totally forgot about the spirograph. I loved that thing! Now if there was just a way to create art with one on my freshly painted walls...
ReplyDeleteLiving it up at Lakewood,
Cindy
I remember those games so well. lol. What fun! Thank you for stopping by junkblossoms! It was good to see you. Drop in again any time. Pat
ReplyDeleteNo way could these be vintage--I had both of these when I was growing up, and if they are vintage, that makes me---well, never mind!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the memories!
try
ReplyDeletewww.misguidedmommy.com