With all the stresses inherent to this time of year I thought a chuckle was in order. Completely out of season and off topic. That’s just how I roll.
Remember this motley crew?
These cards of from a game. They are marked 1965 Filmways Productions. When I hear Filmways I think of Eva Gabor. I think it was her that used to say at the end of Green Acres “This has been a Filmways presentation dah-ling.”. Yes?
Can you even imagine a show like this on TV today? Uh, no. Emphatically, no. Such a different time.
Well that’s my silly contribution for this week’s Retro Tuesday hosted by The Crazy Suburban Mom. Go check it out!
I think of her too, Dah-ling :)
ReplyDeleteThats too funny about the game and that show... And no, I can't imagine that show - and lots of others too today.... TV's gotten complicated though and they really don't give shows a chance. They are a hit from day one or out. Which is good and bad. I hear some of the classics (like the dick van dyke show) took years to build up steam. Today it would be gone in a poof.
I just sent you an email by the way!
Oh Maureen, you're a hoot!
ReplyDeleteLiving it up at Lakewood,
Cindy
Never this seen these cards! A tv show like that would last 2 episodes now! It's a classic!
ReplyDeleteThanks for doing Retro Tuesday with us!
I have never seen these, or heard of this game! What a collector's item! Love it.
ReplyDelete