Monday, January 11, 2010

Critters of the Feline Persuasion

I don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned it before but I have two crazy cats.  Littermates – a brother and sister duo called Cally Cat and Smudgie Bug.   I have been a dog person all of my life but after my last dog died (Mr. Twister the dachshund) I didn’t want to get another one.   After three petless months I was sooooo lonely and that’s how my cats came into my life.  I probably don’t need to mention that cat owner –vs- dog owner is a whole different ballgame. 

Last week when I was dismantling the Christmas decorations and tree, I had the assistance of the dynamic duo.
Cally cat Cally dismantling the tree.

Smudgie 1
Smudgie worked the garland on the kitchen table.
Smudgie 2

It amazes me how they find entertainment in just about anything.   We have little jingle bells kicking around all over the floors.  I hear them being knocked around from time to time throughout the day.   After my three petless months, it’s very comforting to have four legged friends around.

On the day of dismantling last week, I think this may have played a role in their non-stop wacky behavior.

Full moon
It makes people wacky so why not cats?

6 comments:

  1. Full moons REALLY works its magic on our customers as well! I've got eight cats, not by choice. ALL rescues, all very grateful to have a home. It would be nice to have just two or three, maybe one day. I also have one dog that "thinks" she is a cat! Love the photos.
    Take care, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. The moom affects the cats and so does the snow. Mine go totally wacky before a snowstorm!

    3 of mine were rescued and one was waiting by my patio door...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable pictures! And I agree... It's so lonely when you lose a pet :( so very lonely

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had cats all my life and currently have two. Trust me...it does not take a full moon to promote their wacky behavior...
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty cats. I am so allergic to cats it is so sad, because I'd love to have a cat...but Dora, my pup might not like that too much...she has a thing about wanting to attach the neighbors cats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THank you for your sweet email, Maureen!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails