Sunday, November 22, 2009

Folding Table - Met Monday


This week's Met Monday project is kind of making me feel like a cheater!  At the beginning of the summer I started on this cafe sized folding table which had been left outside.  The weather had beaten it up. The varnish was sunburned and peeling. So out came the handy-dandy orbital sander and it was ready for paint.  Simple enough.  A couple of coats of paint - voila!  Uh...nope!  The wayward DIY'er (me!) got sidetracked and once again the poor table was left to fend for itself in the elements.




This is what it looked like when I finally got back to it last week.  Yes, after being painted.


At this point I pulled out the "handy-dandy" and went to work.  To my surprise, after a little elbow grease, it turned out just the way I wanted it.  Now how easy was that?  Makes me wonder why I put it off in the first place.

Why not spark your creative juices?  Pop over to Between Naps on the Porch hosted by Susan for  Metamorphosis Monday.  Very inspiring.


1

6 comments:

  1. Procrastination - yes! I do that too :) sometimes things seem harder than they will be :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...I put off a lot of things! I don't mind doing the actual project. It's all the prep work and clean up that slow me up on getting things accomplished.
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe! Starting a project and then getting sidetracked for a few days...weeks...months!! I can so relate :-) It turned out beautiful though! Love the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I wonder if I could paint my inexpensive table that hides chairs white? Hmmmm...I love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. I really like your project.

    Your new follower
    Cheri
    I hope you come by and follow me too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails