Ohhhh the white paint and I were bonding this week. I had projects going on everywhere. Kitchen table. Kitchen floor. Back deck. (Danger zone! I was dodging flying acorns!) Paint brushes, rollers, sanding pads, etc. – everywhere! But if you’re reading this post, I need say no more. Been there. Done that.
So without further ado I will show my two minor accomplishments this week…
First up is this sweet little stepping stool that I found at a really fun shop called “The Calico Shack” in Cumberland, Rhode Island. It’s a small shop but it is packed to the rafters inside and out.
Tada. No fussing or mussing this time. Dents, dings and paint blobs were part of the character. A couple of coats of white spaint and it’s done! Perfect for reaching high in the cupboards and doesn’t take up much space.
No self-respecting person would claim that that was their week’s work! Too easy!
Up next is a lidded box that I picked up at a thrift store. I wasn’t sure about it so I picked it up, put it down. Picked it up, put it down. Finally it came home with me.
After a good cleaning and my trusty white paint…
Now….to keep or not to keep…that is the question.
It would make a fabulous mail keeper. Hmmmm….

Love these projects! That step stool is beautiful. Love the aged finish that you gave it.
ReplyDeleteAnd the lidded box is exactly like one that my sister had when I was a little girl. I always loved that box and wanted one of my own (she's 13 years older that I, so I often wanted her things). :) I remember her calling it a writing desk, or a lap desk, and she would use it on her lap for writing letters (remember those?). She kept her stationery inside. Yours is beautiful! I'd definitely keep it. I'm sure you could put it to good use somehow!
Great re-makes ! Love the lap desk !
ReplyDeleteKammy
I am so glad you didn't put the lidded box back down, because it is just charming! The stool, also! Great post to show what good bones and paint can do! Thanks, Deborah
ReplyDeletep.s. LOVE the inspector!
Love the color!
ReplyDeleteWould you do me a favor. I entered a little contest about color. Would you please vote for me? Just go to the link below. Thanks so much. xo xo
http://contests.apartmenttherapy.com/2009/color/main/faceoff/56
Great projects-love the mail-box!
ReplyDeleteBoth are gorgeous. I love both of them'
ReplyDeleteGreat blog-too.
Cheri