Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sewing Stuff – Retro Wednesday (What Happened to Tuesday?)

Here goes!  This week’s Retro Tuesday Wednesday will bring you some sewing “stuff”.    Gotta love these vintage graphics.



Vintage needle kit.
Sewing Card                 Sewing Card needles

And just look at Sewing Susan and her friends.  A quilting bee perhaps.Sewing card 2 Sewing card 2 needles
When I went to high school “Home Ec” was a part of the high school curriculum.   So that’s where I learned to sew.  I was never really one to make clothes for myself but when my three daughters came along the old sewing machine came out.  I loved making party dresses.   And Halloween costumes.  Every year while lounging on the beach on summer vacation the annual Halloween costume conversation would occur.   With that a family tradition began.  I have tons of pics of my girls at Halloween. I only recall one single picture of me at Halloween and it was with a dreaded plastic mask.  I think the plastic masks did a number on my psyche.   (Note to self – Organize those Halloween pics!)

Then there are all the pretty embellishments.  Buttons ‘n buttons ‘n buttons.
Sewing basket
Didn't every house have a tin full of buttons? 
Sewing buttons 2 Sewing buttons

From a simpler time when sewing was an important skill.

Check out more at Crazy Suburban Mom's Retro Tuesday Wednesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails