In the meantime I will continue to share my new and old finds. (The thrill of the hunt is a hard thing to get out of your system!) So, without further ado……. a new find.
Who remembers how many tablespoons are in a cup? Not me!
Signed and dated “77”. I wish it would “fit” in my kitchen. I could paint it over but that would seem sacrilegious.
On this rainy, dreary day here in New England, I thought I would share something bright.
Hydrangeas and.....leek scapes!
Please check out the fun at Suzanne’s Vintage Thingies Thursday.
As Martha would say “It’s a good thing.”. Always fun!
Please check out the fun at Suzanne’s Vintage Thingies Thursday.
As Martha would say “It’s a good thing.”. Always fun!

It is interesting one, I'm not in kitchen and cooking for long time (actually my mom always do it for me). I'm wondering if she knows how many tablespoons are in a cup?
ReplyDeleteBetter ask her one day!
You Got A Posty
All Little Things I Like
What a great old plaque. Thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteThat's a cool table of equivalents. I like the harvest colors, but it wouldn't look right in my kitchen either. It looks like it should be from the harvest gold, avocado green, and tangerine orange years.
ReplyDeletewhat a wonderful kitschy thingie..i can see why you couldn't resist it! btw that's one tiny card box i blogged about..i own a few of the bigger ones but this little one's gotta be my fav at the moment! happy VTT :)
ReplyDeleteSo dreary here too. Thanks for the floral pickmeup!
ReplyDeleteThat plaque is kitschy indeed, but oh so useful for those of us, ok ME, who don't know their equivalents!
Happy VTT!
Carol
That's a neat plague. You can tell it was from the 70s decade.
ReplyDeleteI just had an AHA moment (and I can't believe that I'm admitting it)....I can just print a copy of the picture it! How clever is that! Lol - what a ding-a-ling!
ReplyDeleteThat's so cool!
ReplyDeleteIt would go perfectly in my sister's kitchen, if she had any wall space, haha. Where was your shop? Obviously not the Mill Stores.
ReplyDeleteThat's a great kitchen plaque. I don't think too many of us know our equivalents!
ReplyDeleteJane
That's cute and helpful. I remember my mom had an arrangement on her kitchen table with the same vegetables as on your plaque! So 70's!
ReplyDeleteThat is very cute and a handy thing to have around!
ReplyDeleteHave a great VTT!
very kitschy. And the thrill of the hunt is sooooo much fun!
ReplyDeleteThe table of equivalents is so handy! It would help a lot of cooks!
ReplyDeleteThe thrill of the hunt is the best! I couldn't live without it. If for some reason all thrift store and fleas would disappear, I would hunt in the garbage (which I already do sometimes....)
That would be great in my kitchen! I love the equivalents for baking. A useful piece of kitsch.
ReplyDeleteWow very cool! It would be a handy little thing to have in the kitchen.
ReplyDeleteJocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/
Totally hear you... I just listed on etsy again for the first time in forever. I do ebay alot - and have for 10 years but for something its not so good. The fees are too high and people are different on ebay. its just different. I just think etsy is suited for differnt things.. that said, i have done better on ebay - so we will see I suppose :)
ReplyDeleteGreat kitchen decor, I remember my mom had something similar, you just don't see them much any more. Have a great VTT! and a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteWay cool kitchen chart! My kitchen has so much kitsch no one would think that was odd! Holler if you decide to sell it :)
ReplyDeleteIn the meantime I think I'll print out the pic for the useful info!
Thanks.
Happy VTT!
Guess I am one of those odd people who remembers there are 16 tablespoons in a cup! I now am lot of measurements maybe something to do with being an RN? And living with metric too?
ReplyDeletebut you wouldn't need a reason to have that cute plaque in your kitchen!