Handmade cotton dish cloths. If you've never used one you have been deprived. Soft and absorbent and delicious. I am sooooo a cotton kinda girl. I ordered the "Fresh Milk & Limeade" and cannot wait until they arrive. I also just discovered that they had listed some new ones "Fresh Milk, Lime / Blueberry"! Sorry - they're mine too! You can get your own right here if you want to.
There is a little story behind my love of cotton dish cloths. Once upon a time, long long ago..... actually, everything being relevant it wasn't that long ago - maybe 20-25 years ago. OK - enough. In the 80's I worked at a "high falutin firm" in a big city and became friendly with the accountant. A very self-important type. One day we went to lunch and as she was sucking in her nostrils in the most snobby way, she started talking about her husband's family. In her eyes they were country yahoos from a rural area in Nova Scotia (Canada's east coast). It was close to the Christmas holidays and she said she would soon be receiving the "annual package" from her in-laws and knew exactly what it would contain. This 'n that, and some "damn cotton dish cloths". Her mother-in-law made them every year! She rambled on about how someone would waste their time on such a thing, yada yada yada. I said that I had never really seen one and the next day I was the proud owner of one. Let me tell you. I loved it! And did for about 10 years when it suddenly disappeared. And I've missed it ever since. Until now. My package should arrive shortly. Wooooo-hooooo!


No comments:
Post a Comment