Sunday, August 8, 2010

Black Toile Bench Redo - Make It For Monday

Make It For Monday is baaaaack!

In the dog days of summer the heat is making it really hard to get projects done so I’m opting for smaller ones.    A small sense of accomplishment is better than NO sense of accomplishment.  The big ones can wait for the more comfortable days in September and October.

This week I did a quick redo on a nice little bench that I recently acquired.  It has nice lines and good bones.
Black Toile Bench BEFORE Very dated though and in need of a little TLC.

Black Toile Bench FILL Removing the old fabric revealed that the bench is pretty old.  You don’t see this type of fiber fill/batting anymore.

Black Toile Bench NAILSThen there were all the annoying little nails to remove on the back but, surprisingly, they popped off easily with the simplest of tools.

After a little love……..
Black Toile Bench Tada!
Black Toile Bench CLOSE Nice legs!

So with my very humble project, I am linking up to Make It For Monday over at Cottage Instincts.   I am headed there now for more inspiration. 
Logo

10 comments:

  1. That bench is absolutely adorable, great job! Thanks for finding my blog and leaving such a nice comment!
    --Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little bench is as sweet as can be. Glad you gave it your magic touch.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful transformation. I love it. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maureen -
    What a great transformation! I love how it looks :) You turned it into a lovely piece, the legs are so sweet.
    Toni ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty black toile fabric. And I love the glossy black legs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maureen,
    I absolutely love the bench. You did a really good job.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the redo on this bench...the black toile fabric is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bench! Of course I am a huge fan of black toile, I think it makes everything so classy.

    Great job!

    Suzan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails