Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fun & Funky Vintage Thingies - VTT

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer.  Time is certainly flying!   In keeping with my summertime motto “short & sweet”, I’m linking to Suzanne’s Vintage Thingie Thursday.

This week I chose to show you some things that I found while poking around one of my favorite antique malls.    Some  fun and funky stuff.    Like toys that many will remember from their childhood and just plain fun stuff.

Probably two of the most iconic toys ever……
07 Barbie Case
07 Batman


Who hasn’t had Fisher Price in their house?
07 FP Clock
07 Monkey 
07 Pink appliances

Some funky things……07 S n P Anthromorphic (I always make that mistake.)  Anthropomorphic (meaning:  ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human)  salt and pepper shakers.

07 Toby jug
This mug / jug, is perhaps a “Toby Jug” or character jug.  One way or the other, he’s a funny looking character with such exaggerated features!


That’s it for this week.  For more vintage thingies……click on the logo

VTT Logo VTT

16 comments:

  1. That Barbie case is to die for! I had one of those Fisher Price clocks when I was little. You've got a great collection! (Although I have to be honest and say the monkey with the hat kind of freaks me out!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the toy kitchen. Always wanted one of those... and pink no less. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Barbie case is the best! I love no want the pink toy kitchen! It's totally fab!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful collection. Thank you for sharing. Brought back great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love old-fashioned toys that remind me of my youth or even my kids.

    I had a Tammy doll as a child and not a Barbie. (Tammy was supposedly more "realistic" than Barbie -- easy to see unless you were a young Dolly Parton!) With the help of E-bay, I've been able to more-than recreate my Tammy childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got all excited when I saw the barbie case!!! I love the graphics on it. I used to have tons of clothes for my ONE Barbie. Now little girls have fifty Barbies and one outfit per doll. Good marketing on Mattel's part I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You picked up some great vintage toys. You were smart to get the Barbie item. Her products sell very well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Barbie case and the pink mini appliances! I think the monkey would've scared the crap out of me as a kid. :) I remember the Fisher-Price clock too. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific toys! My MIL had that clock for the kids to play with at her house.

    I just love those salt and pepper shakers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorites are the pink appliances--even though I am not a pink person.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Barbie case is fabulous!! I really like those vintage pink tin appliances too!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that barbie case!!! My friend had one just like it!!! What fun seeing all these vintage toys today! Have a great VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun collection! I adore the little pink appliances, so cute and evoke so many memories of childhood.

    Happy VTT,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun finds, great post. I love the Barbie case and I also had one of those FP clocks - Hickory Dickory Dock!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Neat! If you don't mind I think I'll swipe this idea and take some pictures of my 40's vintage er.... "boy toys" and post them on my 2nd non-nature stuff blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice collection of photos from the antique shops! I like the onion salt. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails