I’ve been finding it very difficult to keep up with blogging at this time of year. Not only is there a garden to tend to but there is also the long list of projects that can only be done outdoors. And those months are short in the northeast. Spray painting in the house is definitely frowned upon.
I do like to keep up with other blogs though. Every day when I go to my blogroll to see what others have to say, I get irritated that the same post has been sitting there for a week – or two! So in an effort not to appear to have fallen off the face of the earth, I will try to post a little more regularly. But I have a new “MO”. Keep it short and sweet. Speaking of sweet, I think you will find these images from the 1958 book “I Can”, just that, sweet!
I am joining in for this week’s Vintage Thingie Thursday hosted by a much more diligent blogger, Suzanne aka Colorado Lady. It’s always fun and interesting to see what everyone has to show. Happy 4th everyone!

You may have not being doing much blogging lately, but really did a super job for today. That is a very cute.
ReplyDeleteThat is THE most precious book, oh my gosh!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about squeezing all we can out of the New England summer- being in RI I find it so hard to sit at the computer during the day when I know we're already moving into July and soon the cold will be back again!
Happy VTT!
Oh, this is a sweet little book!!! I know I should follow suit and keep things short and sweet...I just like to ramble too much!! Have a great VTT and a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteI love old children's books, thank you so much for sharing this. Ahh, New England. Maybe someday I'll convince Don to move north! I come from Canadian stock, so I know, enjoy this weather while you can.
ReplyDeleteVintage children's books are great. The children look so innocent and cute in them. The little kitty in the book is adorable.
ReplyDeleteLove your vintage book. I am crazy about old children's books. I need to do a post on mine, I just haven't got around to it yet!
ReplyDeleteHave a great 4th!
Sherry
Those images are so sweet! Thanks for posting, I was starting to wonder about you! Thank god you leave comments on my blog ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat do you mean, I can't spray paint inside? lol
I love the storybook, you did a great job blogging it. Thanks for sharing and happy vintage Thursday.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet little book.
ReplyDeleteKathy
I just love that book! I know what you mean about the gardening and outdoor things. I have been really busy canning for the past two weeks. Happy 4th, Vicky
ReplyDeleteI love your sweet images. I also like blogs that are short and sweet.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a sweet book! Love the pictures!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing it with us today.
Happy VT!
DEbbie
oh I do love children books.. and yours are just lovely.. especially the illustrations are super cute.. thanks for sharing Happy VTT
ReplyDeleteVery, very CUTE! Love your post.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a wonderful book and so completely 1950s! Love the children's faces and check out their clothes-all the little girls are in dresses! Lots of behavioral cues in there too... Loved this post!
ReplyDeleteAren't the illustrations just glorious in these old books! I would have been 2 yrs old in 1958, so I was a toddler then, too!
ReplyDeleteThis little book is darling. The little girl is dressed so pretty. I probably had this book when I was 5 or 6. Love it. Happy VTT
ReplyDeleteVintage books have the sweetest picutures in them. The children are just precious!
ReplyDeleteHappy 4th,
Karen
What an adorable book and the illustrations are so very charming!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo
This is just s adorable! I would love to find one of these books!
ReplyDeleteReally adorable illustrations. :-)
ReplyDeleteThat is a great book! Reminds me of 1st grade with Dick&Jane. Have a great 4TH! Julian
ReplyDeleteI know this is an old post, but I just had to comment when I saw it. I love old children's books and that one is so cute. Love the illustrations.
ReplyDelete