Ok – so on to this week’s Vintage Thingie Thursday hosted by our gracious host, Suzanne. If you’ve visited my blog before, you probably know that I have a thing for old graphics. I find them interesting and very telling of days gone by. Some of the old advertisements are hilarious. OK – enough blabbering. This week, I’ll be showing some old paper fruit crate labels.
With the exception of when I was in figure skating revues, I have never worn as much make-up as this guy!
Diving Girl apples. What is the logic behind that?
I'll stop with the commentary and let you take a peek on your own.
Pretty interesting. Strange. But interesting. For more vintage things, check out Vintage Thingies Thursday.

The labels are great! I really like the piggy! My blog has slowed down a bit too. Not enough hours in the day!
ReplyDeleteI love the graphics on old fruit crate labels.
ReplyDeleteGreat labels - I love SNOBOY!
ReplyDeleteMy fave is Snoboy! I have a thing for old graphics too. Thank you for showing these to us.
ReplyDeleteI will drop by your gardening blog soon. :)
I really like graphics from days gone by too. Snoboy is a gem. Thanks for visiting me today.
ReplyDeleteAnn
The Coon sweet potatoes are a hoot! Who thought up these things?
ReplyDeleteGreat fruit crate graphics! They all have an interesting/strange undertone to them, don't they? I bet the Diving Girl was quite the sexy marketing ploy back in the day. If you had a choice between Diving Girl and Waldorf apples, which would you buy? :)
ReplyDeleteOh these are wonderful ( and hilarious too!) Love how the graphics goes with the name!
ReplyDeleteDelightful and hilarious!
ReplyDeleteI never tire of seeing these old graphics. They can really bring back a lot of memories.
ReplyDeleteWow great labels! Happy VTT!
ReplyDeleteJocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/
I love your vintage fruit crate labels!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo
Love this! I especially liked the Santa one because it reminded me of a time in my life when I lived in Santa Paula and my husband hauled oranges and lemons. Limonera was one of the plants he hauled from. I too collect vintage crate art. Thanks again for posting these.
ReplyDeleteThose are great. I love the art that used to be on old packaging and fruit crates are a subject all their own.
ReplyDeleteI love these old labels...the little racoon is my favorite. Happy VTT..
ReplyDeleteTHese are so cute, they would be great framed in a kitchen! Nice quality too. have a great VTT!
ReplyDeleteLove these, so much fun!
ReplyDeleteHappy VTT!
Sally
What GREAT crete labels. When we lived in Washington, years ago, we saw lots of these (and can labels) at antique shows. I haven't seen any in years. I especially like that little sweet tater eating racoon :)
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Gail
Great labels, Maureen! I love how vivid the colors are, and how strange some of them are too. I used to collect them, and I have the Waldorf Apples one. Heading over to your gardening blog now. I totally understand how hard it is to get interested in blogging right now. Like I told someone else, I live in my garden, and only sleep in the house!
ReplyDeleteHappy VTT!
Carol
Love the graphics, bold and beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHow neat! I've got some old metal grphics of fishing lures hanging up in my garage. Now there's an idea for a post. I'm sure you won't mind me swiping your idea?
ReplyDeleteI have always loved the vintage fruit crate labels. I guess I'm drawn to the bright colors and graphics. I loved the first one with the football player.
ReplyDeleteJane
In the winter, Obtain Moncler Dames Jassen all people may choose to obtain one particular boys moncler applications inspite of just how successful or maybe horrendous they are. Even though it really is considerably expensive for all men and women, it’s valueable to enable you to obtain a genuine is actually within it really is nice access service range additional clothes. On the flip side, Womens Moncler Bady Hot Pink Hooded Down Jacket oncler Wiki tend to be possessing promotional at present.
ReplyDelete