Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Eames Theme – Retro Tuesday

 It’s Retro Tuesday and this week Tracy included a video about the world famous Eames chairs.   So I thought I would play along.  This is the only Eames related item that I have.   Ummm....had.   Someone on ebaY liked them!

2010-01-27 001 2010-01-27 056 These glasses are the “Forbidden Fruit” pattern by Georges Briard.   He was another famous designer from the 50’s and 60’s.
2010-01-27 001 2010-01-27 058
White glass with black and gold.  Very funky!

Well that’s my itty bitty post for this week.  To find out more about this period, visit Tracy @ The Crazy Suburban Mom.

3 comments:

  1. Man, I love those crazy drinking glasses from back than you know? I have a set of amoeba type aqua and gold and sold a set of flamingo glasses.... But I love 50's glasses. They were so much for interesting to be sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those! I'm not surprised someone snaped them up!

    Yes they were more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those glasses would sure make a statement on a table!
    Cindy at Lakewood

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails