So, with that in mind, I thought I would give myself (and anyone else in “need”) a little incentive. After all, beach season is right around the corner……look at these beauties!
Vintage 50’s ads. No words required really.
These kind of accentuate their…..um….boo-tays!
It’s Vintage Thingies Thursday so pop on over to visit Suzanne @ Colorado Lady for more vintage viewing!
Tracy - I apologize for not linking up this week. My boo-tay has been tres busy!
I remember Rose Marie Reid and Cole brands.
ReplyDeleteI love the Cole ad, but I have to say, it will take me longer than I can imagine to get this ready for summer!!! Loved this post, so cute and nostalgic.....Happy VTT!
ReplyDeleteI've got a few vintage bathing suits and caps in my house. I LOVE them but some of the really old ones would be HORRIBLE to wear, made from wool, I believe! Can you imagine? I really need to do some big Spring cleaning in my house!!
ReplyDeleteTake care, Sue
I LOVE that first Cole ad, especially. What is the artist's name? The ad work reminds me of famous retro pinup art I've seen before. It's funny, we made fun of mom's swimsuits that looked like this back then, but they really were/are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThose girls have hips! And other curves! They aren't the "twigs" that most girls today think they HAVE to be!
ReplyDeleteThese are great images, Maureen, and definitely inspirational!
ReplyDeleteOh I wish I could buy that red and white number in the Nanina ad. Or find a vintage sewing pattern to make it. Fabulous ads!
ReplyDeleteM, thanks for the incentive! LOL
ReplyDeleteBeen working on that beach bootay for 10 weeks now....Getting there, slowly but surely!
Love it! I love the old ads where women were all curvy and not flat with ribs showing! These bathing suits are just too cute!
ReplyDeleteThose swimsuits are so pretty. I love the fact that the ladies have shape, not just skeletons with skin!
ReplyDeleteSeeing those vintage ads have reminded me of just how badly I need to get back into shape. I wonder if there was better lighting in the fitting rooms back when those vintage ads appeared? Today the fitting room mirrors send back frightening images!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo
Great post seeing all the vintage styles. I dont know what some of the girl's ive seen at the beach would do if fasion went back to this. Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteI adore vintage swimsuit ads...those were the days of classic lines & photography. Great post friend & thanks for sharing these fabulous images!
ReplyDeleteSmiles,
Susie
Hooray for the days when curves were the thing! Now it's all the anorexic waifs, poo, they are not real women!
ReplyDeleteI remember those bathing suits!
What a cute post. I love your old bathing suit pictures. I have had only two in my life and never wore them.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the ads- They're so fun:)
ReplyDeleteno problem :) Aint no thang!
ReplyDeleteI love those pics - I love tons of fashion pictures in all but the 70's magazines - fashions were so odd than...but before that I really love them and these are great!
Tracy
Great pictures!!
ReplyDeleteThese swimsuit ads are fabulous!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, those ads are great. Some of The swimsuits look like they might be popular again now.
ReplyDeleteFunny post, Maureen! Ah, the old refrigerator cleaning contortions! I've got a bum hip, and my knees are a mess, and that is why my fridge could be a whole lot cleaner!
ReplyDeleteLove those old ads! I remember when I used to wear swimsuits....they're a distant memory nowadays!
Have a great weekend!
Carol
sort of makes me wish my boobs were where they were supposed to be! lol
ReplyDeleteI love these photos...I wonder if anyone really had those bodies...
Happy Easter friend
LOL! I hear ya...winter is not the best season for our bodies!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Cindy
These are beautiful! I wish I could still buy swimsuits like these (and somehow look like those women do when wearing them :)). Also, wouldn't it be nice if models today still had curves like this?!?
ReplyDeleteLOVE all these vintage ads and posters and pics ~ fabulous!! Thanks for sharing! Have a great week!
ReplyDelete