Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tooting My Horn! For Etsy!

Do you know Etsy?  I’m not sure how I was introduced to it but I think it was Martha.   Yes, that Martha.   She has Etsy crafters on her show from time to time. 

So I snooped around a few years.  Then a few months ago I decided to take the Etsy plunge.    Why not?  Listing are 20 cents each and last forever.   I don’t know how long truthfully but a long time.   What’s not to love?  Like anything else, you get out of it what you put into it.    Admittedly, I’ve been slacking.  I’m working on it though.

Last Friday,  I decided to list a couple of things and then zipped off to the grocery store.   When I returned an hour later, I checked my Etsy to make sure that my 2 new listings looked OK.  One was gone.  Poof!  Just like that!   Since it was time to make dinner,  I decided I would look into it later.
Baby rattle 2 Baby “O” the baby rattle was missing.  Isn’t it sweet?

After dinner, I was pleasantly surprise to find a Paypal payment in my email!   I must say I am quite impressed with Etsy.   They do promote items and it seems to be getting more and more popular.  Baby “O” was listed for about an hour before finding a new home!  So if you’re pondering an Etsy shop yourself, go for it!  You’ve got nothing to lose!

8 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of Etsy! I have a small shop and things are doing ok. I make a point of shopping there too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just opened my etsy shop about a month ago and I was gettin nervous because I hadn't made a sale. Well, I finally made two sales about one week ago! Yip, Yip, Yippee!!

    I was reluctant to open one too but received so much encouragement from fellow bloggers, so I took the plunge.

    Thanks for the encouragement.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Etsy!! I've had my shop on there since October 2008 and have done quite well I think! The listings are good for 4 months, in case you wanted to know! Twenty cents for 4 months is a great deal, don't you think?! Good luck with your shop. I wish you continued success!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Confidence, you have to keep that confidence and you will do just dandy! I'm sure of that.
    Take care, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! The rattle is adorable. I like etsy as a customer. May be someday I'll trying selling too.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been contemplating opening an etsy account. My husband says I need to do something with all the stuff I have accumulated :-)
    Glad to hear things are working out for you.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well of course you sold something that quickly. If you list precious items like your baby rattle, someone will snatch them up immediately. Congrats!!!
    Cindy at Lakewood

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! And I agree.... for 20 cents you can't go wrong! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails