Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Vintage 1953 Valentines - VTT


Ohhhh……I have the fondest childhood memories of Valentine’s cards.  I would get so excited to bring home the punch-out card books and sit for hours addressing them for hand out at school the next day.  I think that this was the first time that I truly felt that it was better to give than to receive. 
1-9-2010 3;03;57 PM
I remember punching out the cards and cutting out the envelopes.
1-9-2010 3;05;39 PM
How sweet is she?
1-9-2010 3;05;47 PM
Then, there’s always the corny!
1-9-2010 3;07;21 PM 
So sweet though!
I definitely have a love for vintage graphics.  Don’t you?

This is my contribution to Suzanne’s Vintage Thingies Thursday for this week.  Pop on over for more vintage thingies. 
LOGO

26 comments:

  1. These look A LOT like the ones we traded at school in the late 50's and early 60's when I was in grade school. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet ~ I love them! Took me back to grade school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really sweet looking Valentines! They just don't make them like that anymore. Now it has to be a Disney character or a character from a movie. The oldies are better!

    Vintage Thingies Thursday!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet Valentine's. It does bring back some fun memories.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These vintage Valentines are wonderful. I was looking at Valentine cards this weekend. There was not a "generic" box on the shelves. They were all some cartoon or toy character. I was sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are the sweet Valentine cards.I wish I could find some like these..are they even made like this anymore?? *sighs..some things I miss.
    Happy VTT,have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AH...such sweet memories....yes, I remember ones like this too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reminds me of my earliest Valentine's, though it's not a big thing in Aus.
    My sons used to give cards like those! certainly dates me.........

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Vintage Valentines. I still have the ones I received in the 50s. They were so sweet looking then. I went the other day to buy my Grandkids some Valentines to give out, I gave up when I saw most of them were tatoos! LOL They just don't make em' like they use to!
    Thanks for sharing yours on VTT!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Re.citizenship-I don't know that my experience was typical-I know many who say it only took six months!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The good old days! So simple yet such a big deal when we were young...not that I'm old!
    Cindy at Lakewood

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those! Simply adorable! I have a soft spot for the squirrel...

    ReplyDelete
  13. they are simply adorable..i love your vintage valentine cards

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the valentines from that era! And I also loved picking out the perfect one for each of my classmates. I wish I had all of those valentines from school. I only have some from one year. My Mom was a saver and so am I. So where did they all go?!
    Happy VTT!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely post. love vintage graphics. I'm nost sure where everyone is finding it but I love it being used. Love your valentines. I still love to give and givers don't always recieve, so it is good that we are blessed by the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the vintage valentine graphics and all the goofy puns too. I remember that I had that kind of book too. I never saved any of my old Valentines so now I am buying ones other people saved.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I remember these exact valentines! I love these lovely treasures!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love the old ones now they are all tied in with whatever kids movie is popular and I'm just not feeling the love for those... they seem so silly and shallow.

    I'm not so much about power ranger valentine cards :) they will never last!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great vintage Valentines!

    I remember passing them out at school too...an agonizing over which one to give. Punching them out was the fun part!

    Thanks for the memory :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. My favorite time for getting valentines was when I was in grade school. A bunch of us silly girls would see who got the most from boys that said they loved us. You have some very nice ones.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your old valentines!!
    It is so hard to find cute ones now... they are action heros and tv shows.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable vintage valentines. I just love how sweet they look. Sorry I am so late, I want to throw my computer in the street! Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love these sweet valentines! come on over and link them up to my vintage valentine party!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails