Whenever one of my daughters’ birthdays rolls around, I find myself in deep reflection. Thinking back to the day that they were born. Little Miss Olivia Emily was only due on January 7th but since I had never made it to my due date before, I had my doubts. My only concern was making it through Christmas morning so that I would be there for her older sisters to open their gifts from Santa. Lindsay Erin was 4 and Chelsea Erica was 5 1/2 so I didn’t want to miss that! Well Santa honored my request and let me go until the wee hours of December 29th although not without a little fanfare. Being that it was during the Christmas holidays they were short staffed, no doctor to deliver, yada, yada. We made out OK though.
Ohhhhh…..”It’s my birthday?” (Age 10 months)
And then before you know it, they’re starting school!
And then they grow and grow and grow. And turn green! Haha!
Halloween 2009
So hard to believe……time flies.
I love to those kinds of birthday posts for my kids. I look at their pictures when they were little and wonder "how" did that time pass so fast! Happy Birthday Olivia! Take care.
ReplyDeleteA very happy birthday to Olivia! Great pictures!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the great ideas about my guest bedroom redo. I agree that aqua or blue are great accent colors with brown. I was going to go with a cream colored coverlet for the bed (it was something I already had) and then add an accent color with some pillows. Of course I may change my mind as this thing progresses (I'm so fickle). I already have several vintage suitcases and was planning on using them as a bedside table....see...great minds think alike :-)
Happy New Year.
Jane
Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter Olivia! Are you in big trouble for putting that "green" picture on here?!
ReplyDeleteI will pass on your Happy B.days to Olivia.
ReplyDeleteSue - I have really started to look at my blog as a way to record life events. I know so little about my past that I want to record whatever I can for my girls.
Jane - You are not fickle - you just like what you like. The sign of a strong women. Someone commented on your blog that blue was so last "year". I thought, well maybe for someone who follows but not for someone who marches to the beat of their own band. (Incidentally, I have my own band!) Oh, vintage suitcases are one of my weaknesses. I buy them at yard sales, etc. whenever I can. A bedside table with storage! What's not to love! You can also include vintage weather items, like barometers and the like. Let me know if you are looking for anything and I will keep my eyes peeled. Love room redos. Is it obvious that I am living vicariously through you on a redo? Dork.
Carol - Haha! Yes - she knows - I showed her. We're a real straight up, open kind of family so she saw it (post - posting) and just laughed. I get a lot of "whatever floats your boat" looks but in the grand scheme of life, not worth getting your knickers in a knot! They just know me and carry on. How would the Sugar Plum Fairy feel?
oh what a fun post and what a cheeky little munchkin!..happy birthday sweet Olivia!!
ReplyDeleteHi Maureen,
ReplyDeleteStopped by to say hi since I've been missing in action (a variety of ills thru the whole month of Dec). Now that I've shared more than what you ever want or need to know...Happy New Year to you and your family!!!
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy
Awwwwww! I totally love the one with the facial mask!!! perfection!
ReplyDeleteLove your blog name! I too call my daughter Kaitlin, Baby Girl. She just turned 19 in September! I love the name of your blog! I love to recycle and make old in to new! I love vintage suitcases also! I use them in my bedroom and livingroom! One is my Grandmas! Hope you have a great New Year! Blessings, Fran.
ReplyDelete