Saturday, December 26, 2009

Do You Freecycle?


I think just about everybody and his brother knows about Craigslist but there’s another kid in town.

freecycle_logo

Freecycle!   It is not nearly as well known but it’s equally awesome.  And always, always….free!    I have gotten a few things myself (such a the perfect refrigerator in my garage) but even better, I have given away a ton of stuff.   Printers, cables, craft supplies, you name it!  It seems that someone is always looking for what you are looking to pass along.  One man's trash is another man's treasure.

At this time of year when you might have an abundance of say, toys, this is a great way to simplify.  Win-win situation all around.  You get rid of something.  Someone gets something they need.  One less thing in a landfill!  So Simple. 

Give it a try by clicking here!

4 comments:

  1. Some of the charities here will pick up your stuff and they sell it to a big second hand store...so I get my stuff taken away, the charity gets money and the patrons of the second hand store get items at great prices! They come around a couple of times a year so I get to clean out often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a member a few times but never participated - I made a few requests but never got any bites. I've never offered but I do need to do some attic decluttering so maybe it's time to rejoin again.

    You're right :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I have a lot of stuff I call in the big guns, like Big Bros-Bis Sister. Just schedule a pick up and they come and pick it up.

    But when you only have one (or a few) things and want to get rid of them quickly - like the cell phone charger taking up space in the drawer - for the phone you no longer have - Freecycle is great. People usually pick up the same day.

    Tracy - I'm not sure how many groups there are in your area but you can post to several.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails