One final post before Santa comes. I wasn't sure if there would be a Vintage Thingies Thursday this week but with Suzanne being the trooper that she is, let the festivities begin!
These are some of the things you might be wearing, or expect to find around your house, or under your tree in 1958.
These are some of the things you might be wearing, or expect to find around your house, or under your tree in 1958.
What a beautiful cover!
Old catalogs are so telling. You know what was in style when, and just how much it cost.
How scrumptious!
This one just….surprises me.
So risque.
Little angels, all puffy and fluffy.
Winter warmth.
Innovative!
Oh! Ribbon candy! It still tickles my fancy as much now as it did when I was a child. All colorful and curly. I don’t think I have ever eaten a piece. Too pretty!
On the other hand….. this. It was a staple in our house at Christmas and I never, ever liked it. I kind of thought it should be used as a door stop. It was so heavy. That all changed a few years ago when someone who I sold a lot of dinnerware to on ebay sent me a fruitcake that he had made himself. Although I appreciated the gesture, I was skeptical. He promised that it was the best ever. He was right! So different than the brick blocks that I had tried in the past.
Oh.my.goodness! I was mesmerized by these service stations when I was a kid. With a car lift that took the cars to the upper level!
Ballerinas and Shirley Temple? What’s more girly than that?
Revlon dolls are highly prized and collectible today. They were even a little pricey then.
The next two are kind of funny. Such a different time.
Well that’s it for this week.


Love the colors on the cover. I had one of those cowgirl outfits so maybe that is where my family got it for me. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Holidays from Lakewood,
Cindy
I love the old photos from the catalog. I remember as a kid, each year a JC Penny's Christmas catalog would come out. My sister and would study that catalog and dream of what we wanted to find under our Christmas tree! Have the merriest of Christmas', take care.
ReplyDeleteI love the old catologues!
ReplyDeleteI bet a lot of us would wear that dress today if we had the chance!
Thank you for posting this SO much! Ive been looking to buying one or nine of these :) Ive not done it but Ive found a few on line and so want to.. I remember looking thru these over and over and was thinking of buying one and making a post just like this and Im so glad someone did! This is a wonderful post and I love it to pieces!
ReplyDeleteTracy
What memories you brought back to me with your VTT post. I remember several of the items in those old books. Have a wonderful holiday.
ReplyDeleteI used to love looking at Sears catalogs. That one is even better than I remember. I think someone should reproduce that one.
ReplyDeleteLoved the old catalogue..and the clothes it was showing.I would so love to own an older catalogue..what great fun, :),
ReplyDeleteHappy VTT,,and havce a most blessed and Merry Christmas.
great images: I love them! The underwear page is the best :-)
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas.
WOW what eye candy and such a fun trip down memory lane..loved it!
ReplyDeleteAhhhhh - - - the GOOD OLD DAYS!
ReplyDeleteLove the vintage Sears catalogs! Also loved them when I was a child and they weren't "vintage." And I sooo remember those cowgirl outfits and six-shooters - yes, a very different time, indeed. Thanks for this wonderful bit of nostalgia.
ReplyDeleteawww such pretty colourful catalogs.. the good old days indeed!
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing.. Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!
These ccatalogs are like a time capsule!
ReplyDeleteI used to soo look forward to the Sears Christmas Catalog! My brother had that gas station. We had a lot of fun with it.
ReplyDeleteThank you for showing. Great catalog!
Kathy
Oh..imagine myself reading those catalogue and requesting my mom .. I wnat this one!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!
You Got a Posty
My Bangkok Through My Eyes!
I'm back :) Just love this post :)
ReplyDeleteTracy
Very cool! Love the old pictures from the catalog. Wishing you a Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteJocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com
Love this post...my sister and I used to fight over the Sears catalog! We would peruse the Boys section to look for our "boyfriends". You're right, that Christmas cover is just gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
xo
Pam