Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Oh Baby! It’s VTT time! And Retro Tuesday too!

I have been decluttering and as I am inclined to do when digging, I am digging deep.  In overdrive mode.  Every nook and cranny.   Nothing is safe.  The huge benefit of that is coming across things that have been long forgotten.  Some of which light up my heart.

This is a cross stitch that I did when I was pregnant with my first little darling, Chelsea.  I suppose it got lost in the shuffle and was never framed.  I may have forgotten about “it” but I didn’t forget the words.
IF afterCirca 1985.

As I continued to dig, it seems that babies were becoming a theme.  Look at these little beauties. 
Northern Baby COVER
These are undated but I’m guessing by the price that these are certainly vintage!

The Northern Girls.
Northern Baby 

Northern Blondie



Northern Kitty Girl

Northern Snow Girl How sweet are they?

Thanks for stopping by!  For those of you who are able to chill out after the big old turkey bird, stop by Suzanne’s Vintage Thingies Thursday.   And since I missed Tracey’s Retro Tuesday cuz I was running around like a lunatic, I’m linking up there too.   Always fun!
give-thanks-lettering-th
Turkey clipart Happy Thanksgiving All!

15 comments:

  1. Those are sweet! I'm sure you were so happy when you found the cross stitch you did for your baby!

    *´¨)
    ¸.*´¸.**´¨) ¸.**´¨)
    (¸.*´ (¸.*´* HAPPY THANKSGIVING *

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not too late to frame it the cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great prints. I have a cross stich half done from my oldest son too. Maybe I will finish it for a grandchild. who know. Love your stuff. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great...I have seen them before but had no idea the name of the prints...I love them.....and what a great cross stitch....and so glad you found it...Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are very sweet! Too bad they stopped putting the Northern girls on the packages, they were so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a darling cross stichery..it will look stunning framed :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Northern Girls are so sweet. I had't seen them before. Your cross-stitch is too lovely not too frame.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post, I love the cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely treasures! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember those Northern Girls--I wonder if that toilet paper was really as soft as those girls looked! And I have a few stitchy items I've finished and never hung myself. All that work, stashed in a cabinet. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cross stitch and the northern girls were just precious. Love going through my old things and yours too.

































































    I

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aren't they beautiful! so glad you shared them today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I recently came across an old unframed cross stitch I had so much fun doing of an old cottage. Maybe,just maybe I will frame it and hang it one of these days!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Northern girls!!!! I'd forgotten about them. I remember the Breck shampoo girls, but these are precious. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails