Monday, November 9, 2009

Showing My New Obsession on Junkin’ Monday #10



I have a new obsession.  Over the last month or two I have been coming across silver items and my eyes just zero in.   Just screaming my name!  In the past, I pretty much ignored it - too much work!  Now that the bambinos are grown and I have more time I am rediscovering some of my former loves. 

So here are my latest acquisitions…
Silver tray Love these!  The covered box has a beautiful velvet liner (another favorite – mmmm….lush velvet).  The carving on the sugar bowl is so very pretty.  The brushes are not typically something that I would want but they are sterling so……
Silver pitcher
Pretty pitcher.   Love the feet!
Silver teapot 
A teapot!  I’m a little teapot, short and stout, tip me over and pour me out.  I had forgotten about that little ditty until just now.
Silver candlabra
A candelabra – can’t wait to play with this!

At the end of a long junkin’ day what could be better than a cup of tea from a fine silver teapot and candelabra lit up…….
Silver bath A bath or course!  Hot water, tin foil and washing soda. Scrub-a-dub-dub.    Ahhhh….this is the life!
Now scoot over to the gracious hosts of Junkin’ Monday!

8 comments:

  1. Wow....that mixture will clean the silver right up??? Amazing..I am going to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tin foil works??? I love your silver items!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are just fabulous and it amazes me how much silver is around. No one seems to want it.... so sad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pieces, especially that candelabra! And I had no idea until now how to clean silver. Thanks for the tip!
    Have a great day!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello all..I must point out that the mixture did a very good job considering how badly tarnished these pieces were. So although it did work well these pieces still needed a little elbow grease and silver cleaner afterwards. Not nearly as bad if I hadn't soaked them first though. When it was soaking I could hear it fizzing and I guess it breaks up the tarnish. Removing some and loosening the rest perhaps??

    I have to put a disclaimer here. I found directions online somewhere and it did say if your piece is valuable, you might not want to take a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maureen,
    I love the silver pieces! I am always hunting for more silver pieces for my collection...I'm jealous of the ones you found :-)
    Look forward to seeing what you'll show for VVT
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is awesome! we have another thing in common!!! I have lots of old silver in my collection too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maureen is it washing soda or baking soda???

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails