Monday, November 30, 2009

The Morphing Side Table – Met Monday

 
This is my first time participating in Make It For Monday hosted by Cottage Instincts.  So thank you gracious host Cindy.

I came across this side table at Savers a few weeks ago and the lines really caught my eye.   So much so that I neglected to take note of the numerous rungs on the sides.  
Coffee Table BEFORE I didn’t really have a place for it in my house so choosing a color was kind of difficult.  First I went with my heart and painted it……
Coffee Table WHITEThen, I got busy for the next few days and left it to sit.  On a visit to a local mill I had a conversation with the woman who owns the shop where I have had space in the past.  I told her I was pondering taking space again.  Chit chat – this ‘n that.  Ends up that I am taking space again.   So I asked if black was still all the rage.  Nope.    Apparently aqua/turquoise and mustard are the colors of the day.

Back to the table and a new plan.  I went through my paint supply and came up with a turquoise that was a little too “loud”. 
Coffee Table PAINT BEFORE Time to tone it down.
Coffee Table PAINT  Coffee Table PAINT 2
Add a little black.  Add a little glaze.

Coffee Table After  Voila!

Coffee Table After CLOSE

I hope to get this into the shop in the next week.  We’ll soon find out if I got the color “du jour” right.

P.S.  During this process I discovered that when I'm working with a color that I am not fond of, painting becomes such a chore.  Silly but true.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful ... love how you changed up the color

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aqua is my favorite color right now and it is the rage in decorating. I am only adding it in small doses as in accessories...because trends change as quickly as my mind! Good luck with your upcoming space!
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The table turned out fabulous! That's my new favorite color lately. And I'm glad you showed how you toned down the color, because I need to do that to a little bench that I painted that same color, and it's a little loud for me!
    Oh, and good luck with the space. I'm sure you'll be a success!
    Happy December 1st!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh love it. and love that color! totally!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute! I just painted a window shelf a light turqoise, I really like it!
    good luck!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aqua is certainly the 'go-to' color, I agree. I loved the table white and shabby, but the aqua suits it very well too! Be sure to show us the other stuff you take to your 'space' :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails