Sunday, November 15, 2009

Footstool Part 2 – Met Monday

I’ve been busy on several projects but only one little one is complete in time for Metamorphosis Monday.
A few weeks ago I scored three footstools in one thrifting trip.

3 Footstools
They all appeared to have good bones but when I removed the vinyl from the taller green one I found that it was mold infested.  It was quickly tossed.

Moving along….the shorter green one was in great shape and became this…..

Black Rooster stool 2

The only one left was the gold/yellow one.  I thought about that one for a few days and in the end that I would make it so it could be in the same room but not matching.  I don’t like matchy-matchy.  So this is how it ended up…
Footstool WHITE Toile again but ……

So this is my itty-bitty contribution to Metamorphosis Monday for this week.    Check it out at Between Naps on the Porch .  There are always great projects there.  Very inspiring.

25 comments:

  1. I love it and love the material!

    nannykim from Spindle Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about footstools recently, hope when I tackle it they turn out as good as yourS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stools. Too bad about the moldy one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toile again and again would suite me just fine. One can never have enough of this charming fabric. Great finds and your make overs are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it....great job...I have had so little time to do any blog reading and I have missed it...stop by my Christmas blog and leave a comment. The giveaway is a great Christmas CD to add to your collection.
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can never go wrong with toile! Love it! Wish it would work in my living room. It sure works in yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job. I love footstools and don't know why. Just gotta have 'em. :)
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love transformong foot stools. The black and white fabric you used looks great! Nice work. You should post this to my Furniture Feature Friday link party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a great idea to use a coordinating fabric for this one! Don't you love when inspiration finally strikes, and you come up with the perfect idea?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your fabric choices area perfect!! very classy foot stools made from...ah...well...less-than-classy beginnings. yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your finished products!! The Toile is beautiful. Can never go wrong with it...it's a classic. You did an awesome job. Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your mixing the two black and white patterns--good job! Wonder how mold got on the inside??

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are scaring me with the mold thing because I have this one...and everytime I look at it now I eye it suspiciously. No really, I do. Im worried. It looks original. Do you think if its originate its okay?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't worry about it Tracey. The 1st stool was really old - probably Victorian. The vinyl layer covered an old layer of velvet (serious no-no to cover over an old covering - it should have been removed). And judging from the type of stuffing that was present it looked Victorian. The two others were probably from the 60's or 70's and the inside was in great condition. So stop worrying!

    ReplyDelete
  15. okay, relaxing a bit. this one is retro 50s 60s covered in that Naugahyde stuff... that looks original.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE that stool!!!
    Great job!
    Thanks for stopping in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice work. I was getting kind of woozy looking at the vinyl in the first picture. (Thanks for visiting my place.)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a bummer the taller one had mold. I would have loved to see what you would have done with it. The two that you madeover look great! I love toile!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nicely done. Now that you have experience would you cover mine that is sitting in my basement collection dust, lol!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Maureen...

    Ohh my...you made off like a bandit with those pretty footstools! Great treasure finds, my friend! Too bad about the one footstool having the mold...don't blame you for tossing it, that stuff can be dangerous!!!

    Ohhh...I just adore the fabrics that you chose to recover the footstools!!! Both pieces are really my favorite fabric pattern and color of all times!!! Fabulous transformation!!!

    Just wanted to thank you for stopping by to take a peek at my faux fireplace project and for leaving a nice comment!!!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  21. Maureen,
    I have those very footstools.
    Oh, at least i think i still do. Hope i did not get rid of them at the last sale.
    I had visions of redoing but thought maybe i would never get them done.
    Anyway,
    These are wonderful
    If i still have mine I'll do them just like yours. They look great!!

    Thanks for coming by.
    If you do nay art with the keys and music, be sure to show us. I'd love to post what you do.

    blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG! My mom and I were just talking the other day about a set of these stackable stools that my Aunt Mary had back in the 70's and how much we wish we had them now because they could be so cute! This post brought back fond memories and made me smile! I love the black and white fabrics you chose!
    P.S. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a nice comment. I appreciate your encouragement!
    Polly

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails