Sunday, November 1, 2009

Black Toile Stool - Met Monday

It was a busy week with life in general and Halloween preps so this week’s project is an itty bitty one.   A vintage Ethan Allan stool gets a redo.  Can't dispute good bones.

Stool BEFORE
Can you say vinyl?  Can you say olive green?  What does that spell?   “U.G.L.Y.”!


Black rooster fabric Some pretty fabric and a little paint.

Black Rooster stool 2
Voila!

Black rooster stool Inspector
Thankfully the inspector arrived just in time.

Be sure to visit the talented people at Metamorphosis Monday –and- Project Report Monday (?) for more projects and ideas.

20 comments:

  1. What a change! The toile fabric is beautiful. Where are you putting it? It needs to be upfront somewhere in your decor, because it is an attention grabber! Wonderfully done.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Footstools are so fun to redo. Quick, easy, and inexpensive...my type of project. Good job!
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It came out gorgeous...I love black toile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! How unique and awesome is that stool now with it's sassy little toile and black paint?! Love it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, I love the fabric. You have a great blog. I try to repurpose everything and use everything. I guess I get it from my Dad.
    Thanks for visiting.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your transformation - beautiful fabric...and Your onion soup looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Vinyl is so anti-earth, and cotton is a perfect redo! Good bones are a must...I once found a Baker wing chair for $45. We'll have it forever! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks great! I love a touch of toile in a room.

    Thanks for sharing your project on Progress Report Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great little bench! Loved how it turned out....I'm a sucker for toile!
    Thanks for dropping by and the nice comments you left about the secretary desk.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stool turned out wonderful! Black always adds so much style! Thanks for sharing...
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  11. From ugly duckling to beautiful swan! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so gorgeous. I love it.

    I clicked to follow and hope you will come do the same.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  13. Quite lovely now, hope the inspector gave your workmanship a go !
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. After seeing the before and after photo, I went right to your "Follow" button even before I left you a comment. What a lovely transformation. Stop by and visit and if you like what you see, click on "Follow" too so we can share each others creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That toile fabric is gorgeous! Where did you find it? It looks stunning- I, like Rita, am clicking the Follow button right now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks to all!

    Katie - Believe or not I got this fabric for $8.99 a yard! I have a fabulous local (yeah! gotta love local independent stores) fabric store, called "The Mill Store", that carries a lot of decorating fabric. It's kind of dangerous for me to go there because there is so much selection. And the trims are to die for! I'm like a kid in a candy shop when I go there!

    Hmmmmm.....I wonder if they would let me take some pictures the next time I go and then I could do a post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay, first off I normally love weird shades of green but that one was beyond my capacity to love it. And second youre totally right about the retro tuesday thing and Im taking your advice... I just posted - its retro tuesday all week

    ReplyDelete
  18. You totally transformed that stool from trash to treasure, great job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails