So here it is, my first Retro Tuesday post. Today being Wednesday, also known as the day after Tuesday, I decided to post anyway. Better late than never. I suppose it's better to arrive in a Kramer'esque fashion than not at all. Since I'm also posting for Vintage Thingies Thursday, I thought I would post two items. I'll try to get my act together for next week....promise.First up are these darling little retro / vintage oil & vinegar containers. Made in Japan. I'm not sure but I would guess they are from the 50's or 60's.
So cute and kitschy.
Next up is an old platter that I have hanging on the wall in my kitchen. I so love the delicate Forget-Me-Not flowers. I usually like to see plates hanging in groups but this one is nice and big and so worthy of it's own attention.
So that's my show and tell for this week. Can't wait to see everyone else's on Colorady Lady's blog. You might also like to check out Retro Tuesdays too.
P.S. In case you aren't aware, it's October. October? October!
P.S. In case you aren't aware, it's October. October? October!




The oil and vinegar containers are sweet. I bet they have matching salt and pepper shakers somewhere.
ReplyDeleteI love those oil and vinegars!
ReplyDeleteI'm giving away a Halloween bracelet, so check it out when you visit for VTT.
Really nice post for VTT. You better watch Coloradolady or she will be after your platter.
ReplyDeleteThose sweet little blue flowers....love them!
ReplyDeleteSandy
http://521lakestreet-sandy.blogspot.com
adorable & verry kitschy :)
ReplyDeleteGreat post,love your pepper and salt shakers!
ReplyDeleteYour platter with the forget-me-nots is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI love the oil and vinegar things to pieces! OMG - and thanks for linking to retro tuesday...never saw your blog but am loving what you post!
ReplyDeleteTracy
Those little guys really have some personality! So cute. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteLiving it up at Lakewood,
Cindy
Love that beautiful platter!
ReplyDeleteDebbie
Your charming chefs stand ready for an instant's command.
ReplyDeleteAnd the platter--delicate and graceful in all its lines and flowers.
Cute oil and vinegar guys! And I agree, that platter is gorgeous and needs a wall all to itself!
ReplyDeleteHappy VTT!
I love your platter, the pattern is just so sweet.....and the s&p shakers are really cute...but girl, I love that platter....LOVE....and you can see, I don't have any of those....
ReplyDeleteHave a great Weekend and a wonderful VTT!
Hi, I linked over from VTT. That forget-me-not platter is just perfect!
ReplyDeletePam
What can I say about those retro oil and vinegars!?! They are amongst the CUTEST of the cute things I've seen on VTT.
ReplyDeleteAnd the platter? That is simply elegant.
I LOVE you platter, it is so pretty. I must be going through a platter phase, every time I am out looking for treasures I find one I 'need' to have. I actually have to force myself to put them down! Yours definitely deserves its own wall :)
ReplyDeleteP.S. Thank you for your post on my blog, it is so nice to hear from someone who knows what I am talking about :)