Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Coro Pop Beads – Vintage Thingies Thursday

Aren’t these the coolest?  Pop beads!  These were popular in the 1950’s / 60’s.  The "cool" part was that the beads snap apart and you can make a bracelet and necklace/choker to match!   These sets were never even worn and still have the hang tags and the original price was just $2.00!
Pink Pop Beads
 This pink is my favorite.  Sooooo pretty.

Yellow Pop Its
…..and yellow

Green Pop Beads
…..and minty green

The adult version was a little before my time but they have to be the inspiration for the kiddy version that I remember from the 60’s.   As a child, I was absolutely smitten with playing dress up and remember all the pomp and circumstance of playing with my mom’s jewelry, old dresses and furs that had been picked up at were then called “rummage” sales.   Legend has it, one summer when I was around 4 years old I wouldn't leave the house without having my hair done up in ringlets and wearing a white fur tam.  In the summer!  Silly girl!  Now that’s a walk down memory lane.

Don't forget to check out more fun stuff at Colorady Lady weekly party of Vintage Thingy Thursdays.


17 comments:

  1. Hi Maureen,

    What cool beads! I had the round pop beads when I was little. Weren't they the best?

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! My sister and I were just talking about pop beads! I used to love playing with them! I'm thinking of getting my sister some for Christmas. Silly but fun!
    Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to the pop beads. I have had them and had a lot of fun wearing them. I have not seen them in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what fun!!..i DO remember them lol!!..yours are as good as new :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember how much fun the beads were to pop, but I don't think I had any of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading about the pop beads...I don't think I ever had any! Loved your story about rummaging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pop beads, I never heard the word before but immediately understood it. My big sister had round ones in white, and they sure were fun to pop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pop beads! I haven't thought of those in a while!

    Never saw the adult kind before-yours are quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pop beads! Forgot all about them. And they were fun. Maureen, you must have been such a little diva!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool beads! What a fun memory. Happy VTT!

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I seem to remember these now after you told about them. But I have not thought about them in years....love these and how great that they have the original tags...you don't see that too often.

    Have a great VTT and a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are beautiful...it's hard to believe they are snap-on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those beads are just delicious! I would put them in a jar on my mantel so I could see them every day...Stop by sometime!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had forgotten all about these! I remember how much fun it was to pop them apart and make something new! Thanks for stirring fun memories!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those! I remember pop beads too and loved playing with them. I haven't thought about those for a long time. Nice post and story!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My Oma had some of these that we used to play with! forgot all about them...thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am drooling. I collect vintage jewelry and own
    some Coro pop beads, these are a little different than mine. Where did you find them
    with tags? just wondering? :) cool!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails